Have you decided to spend your holidays in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates? Without a doubt an incredible destination, and to help you avoid any problem, we leave you all the recommendations to prepare your trip: you will admire natural wonders like the Hatta pools located in the Hajar Mountains or the Wadi Hatta valley and its old fortress only 90 minutes from Dubai. To enjoy Dubai attractions in summer you will certainly need cool summer clothes, loose clothing, lightweight materials such as cotton, and preferably light colours, sunglasses, sunscreen and everything needed to protect against heat and humidity, as well as comfortable footwear as walking around malls and in the traditional areas is enjoyable.
The best time to travel to the Arab Emirates is between the months of November to March, when the temperatures are very pleasant, with about 25 ºC during the day, refreshing at night to an average of 13ºC. However, summer could also be really enjoyable with multiple indoor activities and attractions. There are many things to do in Dubai.
Must-see in the United Arab Emirates:
- Souks: typical Arab market.
- Diwin Amiri: the White Fort in Abu Dhabi, cultural centre, place of events and art shows.
- Al Alin: place of residence of the royal family. Desert safaris, camel market, Mesopotamia museum, Liwa oasis, hot springs are organized.
- Bastakiya: historical district of Dubai. Museums, art galleries, markets and restaurants.
- Deira City: in Dubai, an overwhelming shopping centre.
- Wild Wadi: immense water park (more than 12 hectares) in Dubai.
- Jumeirah Mosque: in Dubai. Guided tours at 10 am. (Please cover yourself from head to toe including long sleeves!)
- Blue Market: in Sharjah, picturesque and traditional.
- Mileiha: in Sharjah, archaeological site.
- Ruins of Zaura: in Sharjah
- Ruins of Drabhaniya: in Ras-al-Khaimah
- Oasis of Dhaid and Khatt: in Sharjah
- Dur Umm al-Qaiwain: Greek ruins
- Ski Dubai: artificial ski centre.
- Villa del Patrimonio: (Heritage Village in English), in Dubai Creek, the ancient city in all its details, museum and all the past of this ancient port of pearls.
We cannot return from the United Arab Emirates without having dined at a traditional dhow, offering dinner-show with regional cuisine and belly dancing. Therefore, if you have a smaller trip pick and choose some destinations you prefer and don’t miss the very affordable dinner on dhow.
You may also like: